Which type marker will be have a brighter makeup, scented or non-scented? I plan on finding out using 3 different color scented and non-scented markers.
Any of various techniques for the separation of complex mixtures that rely on the differential affinities of substances for a gas or liquid mobile medium and for a stationary adsorbing medium through which they pass, such as paper, gelatin, or magnesia.
The picture above shows how you get results using paper chromatography from top to bottom. The only difference from the picture to my experiment is that this experiment takes hours not minuets and involves a higher level of paper chromatography, which I'm not going to do. I just put the picture on so that you could see how over time the colors spread out in different directions. Which I am thinking is what will happen (from my research) on my experiment.
Results In Pictures
These are my picture results of the red scented and non-scented markers. The colors were relatively the same because red is a primary color.
Results in Pictures 2
This is my scented/non-scented results for black. The scented black marker was my favorite because right away it started to turn gold; I was shocked!
Results in Pictures 3
This is my green results for my experiment. I was surprised when the water wouldn't stop carrying the same colors up until it hit the top of the filter. Maybe I should use a bigger filter next time....
Chromatography Fact 2
Chromatography was invented by Russian botanist Michael Tswett in the early 1900's. Botanist's study plants.